Thankfulness (1450-1457 TCR)
November 25, 2009
What is thankfulness? To appreciate and express gratitude toward someone or something. A consciousness of a benefit received. Let’s explore some of God’s wonderful scripture that will give us a better understanding of thankfulness:
1. Deu 8:10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.
a. Thankfulness requires the return of a blessing to the one that blessed you.
b. It is an all around good feeling about something that has happened in your
life, something given you or something achieved.
2. Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
a. We are to enter into the gates of God’s physical or spiritual dwelling, not with
regretfulness or bitterness but with thanksgiving, knowing that if it weren’t for
Him allowing us to wake up and breathe one more day, we would not be able.
b. We are to enter with praise. God dwells in the praises of His people.
c. We are told to be thankful to God and bless His name.You either bless or curse
1. Who’s side are you on?
3. Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
a. What could possibly be the ‘ sacrifice of thanksgiving?’ What does it mean to
4. Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
a. What do you think the scripture means by “saints in light?’ and, are you one?
b. Who is “the Father?” God is a ______God. The Father is part of the t_____ called the Holy T------ or G------. We must believe this for there IS another Jesus.
5. Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
a. We are called into one body with one head, the Godhead. (Three in one.) Two
heads make a monster. One Lord, one Faith, one baptism.
6. 1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
a. This means thanking God for the good, the bad and the ugly. (Experiences.)
Have a gorgeous day and save in Gold http://www.GoldLadyLLC.com